Sunday, November 23, 2008

Not so far from Canada after all

It SNOWED! In LILLE! Land of eternal rain!!!!

It started coming down last night in damp, uncommitted flakes while I was at my friend Claire's house.

Attempt at an artistic snow shot under the glass ceiling:

After I took this picture I ran into the rest of our motley Faidherbe crew on the last metro home, and we frolicked like mad, thinking that by morning the snow would have disappeared.

Swarming around the streetlights at midnight:

But then! This morning!!

My groggy early-morning lope to the toilet became a meandering stroll outside, after I realized the dusting had survived the night...

Completely deserted campus.

Sigur Rós on the iPod.

Uh, bliss? You bet.


The only thing missing was the company of my favourite pooch for some romping and snow-flinging.

Hopefully all of that sub-zero air has jolted awake all the right neurons in my brain. Lots to get done today to ease the Mondayness of Monday!

4 comments:

Viv said...

what? You got decent snow before we did? I wouldn't have believed it but you have photographic evidence. (my word verification is depints....is that the verb you use when you've demolished a pint?)

Anonymous said...

Hey Megan!
I miss you!
You make me laugh with your chalk shenanigans. It's funny cuz it's true.

dv. said...

I want the snow. But I also happy for you.
CONFLICTED!

megan said...

Viv! I can't wait until we are depinting together again!

Elise! I'm glad you know what I'm talking about! So many TAing memories... you know those days when we used to just see each other all the time and it was totally normal? I miss that.

dv! I have your solution! It involves a plane! And a train ride! And fifty million giant hugs!!!