Monday, November 17, 2008

And on the seventh day, my stomach rested.

Oh my gosh, what a weekend. I totally loved turning 25. Can I do it again NEXT weekend? 25 and 1/52nd?

I got some pretty incredible bone-crushing hugs over the last few days, both in person and in written/emailed form, and it has completely blown me away. I am composing this blog entry by flailing a long stick towards the keyboard, because the G-force of all of those birthday wishes has plastered me against the far wall of my bedroom. Once I get my feet back on the ground I will answer each and every one of you with the love and sincerity that you deserve. Thanks for the totally great blog comments, the colossal number of facebook shout-outs, and - from my homeboys(and girls) in Montreal - for the construction-paper-and-stickers Book of Love and Tipsiness whose hilarity made me shoot Fanta out my nose.

This post has been a long time coming because of technical difficulties (in my brain). For now, a brief photo essay to sum up the main activities of the weekend:

1. Massive Amounts of Feasting, The First: chicken fajitas at "home" with my "peeps" (am I still allowed to say that now that I'm 25? Was I EVER allowed to say that?)



3. Massive Amounts of Feasting, The Second: Raclette with "work peeps" (the type of peep is important; note the difference in, uh, "table settings" from the first feast...)


3. Massive amounts of ice cream, which cancelled out any kind of vegetable consumption during feasts One and Two.

4. Ditto re. cake.


4. BEER + THE PARTY TABLE.

Can you see a theme beginning to develop? Things I Put In My Belly When I Turned 25. There is also the more general theme of Things That Are Massive: amounts of food, ice cream, and beer... as well as the size of this dog? Who was there during Feast the Second? I guess that's a workable tie-in. Basically I just wanted to post a picture of this dog because she is SO FANTASTIC.


_____

I actually wrote the above text a few days ago, but couldn't be arsed to upload the photos until right now. (Is saying "arse" okay in this situation? Do I need to be Irish or something? I'm not sure how the cultural ownership of slang works. I'm also not really clear on where "arsed" falls on the scale of rudeness, but for your reference I place it somewhere above "bothered" but below just about every other subsitution.) It feels like there are about fifty million different things happened right now, even though I could probably only list five, if pressed. The point is: Time, She is Flying. More blog posts are coming, I am saving them up by writing relevant subject lines in the "drafts" section of Blogger, like "Hazards of Fake Snow: a Study" and "Santa on a Ferris Wheel." Stay tuned.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Belated happy birthday!

るっか said...

nice blog!
i like your photos (^_^)v

Unknown said...

Woot! I'm glad you had raclette! Did you like it? I remember telling you about my wonderful poêle à râclette last year, and your exact words were, "I don't think I'd like that." Of course, I was appalled, but I didn't say so, 'cause I knew you'd like it. So, do you?

megan said...

Hey new people! Welcome to my world!

Chris: OH MY GOSH was I ever wrong about raclette, and were you ever right. In fact I'm going to make a whole blog post about that. I took pictures of the whole process!!

Viv said...

Meg! Wow your bday looked awesome! SO jealous of all the food events!
Hey, do you know what comes after your birthday?? The Santa Claus Parade!! Yes yes! It's this saturday but none of us are going because it would feel wrong (and so much more boring) to go without you! Is there a Santa Clause parade in Lille? Did you pack a Santa hat in your suitcase? So many important questions....You better make a Santa-related blog entry or we (royal we) shall feel cheated

melika said...

thanks for your comment!

I think that if I had to pick one place in the world to visit, it would be somewhere (like scotland) where I could see FABULOUS castles!

My blog... my blog is pathetically negative lol. Times are strange right now.... just strange.

I'm going to have some chocolate now :)