Sunday, October 19, 2008

Small post about big appetites!

Oh boy... it's a good thing I don't have a scale at my disposal. Because that scale would meet an unfortunate end in the bushes outside my window! I weighed in at exactly 60kg at the medical appt two weeks ago, and that's the only time I'm going to investigate THAT number, thank you very much. It's really, reeeeeeally hard to eat well here. Or even just well-ish, which is usually my modest goal. In the same way that Montreal get-togethers centered around beer, France shin-digs feature massive amounts of chocolate, bread, cream, and pasta, and oh my sweet toothfairy, I LOVE IT.


But I think I am already starting to feel the consequences. I have tried (really!) to eat at least one veggie-and-protein based meal a day, and I've tried saving Nutella and wine for the weekends, but I just don't think I can do it. It's like visiting a new litter of pug puppies and saying, "I'm only going to look." UNPOSSIBLE!

4 comments:

ant said...

Death by dessert. I'm drooling!

Jen said...

We saw a car today with the license plate PUG TUB! It is your car from the future!! (That has come to the past? and maybe needs to go back to the future?)

bronwyn Brock said...

i would be doomed! DOOMED, i say!
~b.

megan said...

ant: i just read your blog.. .and I'M drooling!!

jen: omg, did you STEAL that car for me? or at least the sticker?

b: i need my sistah!