Saturday, January 31, 2009

Almost forgot what sunshine felt like


Hey, Canada: I don't want to rub in or anything, but... it's beautiful here right now.  Even kind of spring-like if you stand in unfiltered sunlight.  Claire took this picture yesterday, just outside my room at Faidherbe (I concede that I went a teeny bit overboard with the sleeveless shirt... but everyone here already insists that since I'm Canadian I must think that anything above zero is beach weather, and who am I to unravel their charming misconceptions?).

 
Going to Charleville for the weekend with my fellow musketeers, Theo and Claire.  Charleville is Theo's hometown, and every time I talk to him I get a different report about what we're going to do there, from sweating out half of our body weight in a hamam to indulging in Claire's crush on Rimbaud to wandering the town centre, looking for marionettes (apparently Charleville is the marionette capital of the world...?).  

Whatever we end up doing, it's going to be hilarious and memorable, because when we are together we are three giant goofballs with none of that annoying self-awareness that most people maintain in mixed company.  

Behold Theo, in his blogosphere film debut (this is what we're doing when we're not at school):



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look so sexy in that picture!!!!

Have you though in the posibility of making a calendar for this year?

Your fans would be glad! (me too of course)

megan said...

Well thank you, doctor. Or almost a doctor, I guess. I think you already have enough compromising photos of me to make your own calendar, so I'll leave the work to you.

In the meantime, when are you coming back to Lille, dude? There are celebrations waiting to happen!

Sharon said...

If I were to move to Paris, I think I'd like to live somewhere on the West coast... Brest perhaps?!